Counting Out Time…
I am very excited to tell you that we have finally turned my Classic “I Know What I Like” book into an amazing, comprehensive and highly interactive app with exclusive photos and music.
The app is coming soon and I will post the download link here… if you want me to email you when it is available please tell me at firstname.lastname@example.org
And you can follow our app page @ Facebook: http://bit.ly/genesisappfb
Since 1970 I followed the career of a then very little known British band called Genesis. They would eventually grow to be one of the most influential groups in rock history… but who knew? I didn’t either, but apparently something captivated me strongly enough that made me follow them around the world in the 70s documenting their every move in order to write journalistic reports and, later, the book. The result was 10 years of stories and photographs of Genesis starting with the Peter Gabriel days and beyond. I did extensive research interviewing the band members, their families, friends, managers, school teachers, agents and producers, and dozens of hours of tapes where revisited for the making of this app that includes classic sound bytes.
The iPad app features:
● Ultimate Edition of the Classic “I Know What I Like” book with over 200 pages and over 500 photographs (sample included before the full unlock of the book via in app purchase).
● Original music including selected, exclusive tracks from Steve Hackett, Anthony Phillips, Daryl Stuermer and more…
● Videos with Paul Whitehead, the artist who created the art for Trespass, Nursery Cryme and Foxtrot, explaining his creative process and collaboration with the band.
● Exclusive Animations and Sequences: Lamia, Slipperman, NYC Rooftops, Joe, Tambourine dance and more via the “Interactive Lightbox”… Drag the loupe over my most precious photographs and zoom into them, time traveling to the 70’s with extensive audio commentary where I explains how they were taken, telling anecdotes, amazing stories and more.
● Black and White images in the original book are now in Color! And you can “touch” images to enlarge to the full iPad size to explore all details, rotate them and more!
● Genesis Photo Booth… use your iPad’s camera and pose with the members of the Classic Genesis lineup, then share the image with friends via Facebook, Twitter and Email.
● Vintage interactive vinyl turntable to play all the Genesis albums installed in your iTunes library with the original vinyl label art and more.
● Share Genesis Postcards with friends via Facebook, Twitter and Email.
● Genesis Wallpapers featuring the iconic Seconds Out cover…
● An Interactive Video Help.
● And much more…
“This Genesis book is my labor of love. I was very lucky to be there, one fan among thousands who happened to share my adventures from a privileged point of view. And I always thought YOU should have been there too… “I Know What I Like” may be the closest thing to re-living those unforgettable moments with Genesis.” — Armando Gallo